The journey towards a healthy lifestyle may be challenging, but it’s worth the effort. If you’re trying to reach your ideal weight and you’ve already implemented diet and exercise into your routine but are still waiting to see results, semaglutide medical weight loss injections can help push you closer to success.
Read on to learn more about how semaglutide could help you achieve those goals with minimal effort!
How semaglutide works as a medical weight loss
Semaglutide, an injectable medication created specifically for weight management, is safe and effective in reducing body fat while increasing muscle mass, making it the industry leader in medical weight loss solutions that don’t require surgery or invasive surgical procedures.
Semaglutide is a glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist that reduces appetite and supports weight loss. In scientific studies, people taking semaglutide experienced an average of 10%-15% body weight reduction over 68 weeks from a 2.5mg dose per week, compared with an average of 2%-3% body weight reduction among those taking a placebo.
The way semaglutide works for weight loss is by stimulating the release of insulin and inhibiting the release of hunger-inducing hormones like ghrelin from the gut. This naturally increases fullness after meals and decreases hunger. Semaglutide also reduces visceral fat accumulation, which is associated with obesity-related health risks such as diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease.
Semaglutide is known to help people with type 2 diabetes maintain better glycemic control in addition to its appetite-suppressing benefits. It works by inducing the release of insulin from pancreatic beta cells, which helps to lower blood sugar levels and reduce glucose variability. That’s why doctors are turning to Semaglutide as an effective treatment option for managing obesity and other associated chronic conditions.
Comparison of semaglutide to other injectable weight loss medications
Semaglutide is a GLP-1, which works similarly to other injectable weight loss medication, liraglutide, and oral medication. The main difference between the two include:
- Semaglutide has a much longer duration of action – up to 165 hours compared to liraglutide’s 13-15 hours. This means semaglutide can be taken less often than liraglutide, once weekly instead of daily.
- Studies suggested semaglutide is more effective than liraglutide in weight loss and keeping it off long-term.
Changing your lifestyle while reaping the benefits of semaglutide
In addition to taking semaglutide for weight loss, you can make several lifestyle changes to support your goals.
- Get regular exercise: Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (such as walking or jogging) most days of the week.
- Eat a balanced diet: Focusing on nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats will help you stay energized and get the nutrients your body needs to function optimally. Try to limit your intake of processed foods, added sugars, and unhealthy fats.
- Get enough sleep: Aim for 6-8 hours of quality sleep per night. Not getting enough sleep can lead to fatigue and difficulty concentrating, making it hard to stay motivated with healthy lifestyle choices.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is essential for optimal health – aim for at least 8 glasses of water per day.
Tone down the number on the scale with semaglutide
Injectable semaglutide is leading the pack when it comes to medical weight loss treatments. This may be the best option if you’re looking for a safe, reliable, and effective way to lose weight. Contact us today to learn more about semaglutide and how it can help you reach your weight loss goals.